Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Importance of water in work and life

One of my major habits of living a healthy lifestyle is the source of fluid I put into my body and I'm been looking for a way to change this as my new year is looking to improve my health, lose some weight and move my life into the next phase of life as healthy and strong as I can to make sure I prevent other health issues.

I'm 42 years old, and work in the IT Field.  I don't drink coffee but rather the past few years consume pop as my drink of choice.  My work day starts at 7am and often I grab a quick pastry and a Coke product to wake me up and get me started.  I can eat it quickly and am off to work with the morning fixes that seem to be the start of every day.

Unlike other IT jobs, my job in manufacturing requires me to do a lot of walking which means I don't spend a lot of time at my desk.  My Fitbit registers up to 10 miles per day of walking before the end of my work day, and I guess I would spend less than 25% at my desk.  This often means I don't drink a lot of water during the day but rather take a coke on the run at lunch.

Deanna Waters, a health and wellness expert posted this the other day which really got me thinking about how important putting water into my bodyd every morning and each night:


Being a Fitbit user, I know I can track my water consumption using their application.  And in reading other articles going to start with a glass of water first thinkg when I get up and one glass before I goto bed.  As well, going to work on tracking my water consumption consistantly in my Fitbit app, to ensure I drink more during the day to meet my goals.  With all of these health benefits it should move me towards my goals as well as leave less of a craving for pop.

Let me know how you ensure you drink enough water.  Would be interesting to know some other methods to help me with my change.

No comments:

Post a Comment